Value Car Parks Ltd – General Car park Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They relate to your use of our car park.
When the following words are used in these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), this is what they will mean:
- “us”, “we” and “our” means Value Car Parks Ltd., a company incorporated and registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI654170 and whose registered office is at 33-35 Grosvenor Road, Belfast, BT12 4GN;
- “ANPR” means Automatic Number Plate Recognition;
- “Car Park” means the parking facilities in the Value Car Park located at 19-31 Grosvenor Road, Belfast, BT12 4GN, managed by us and designated for parking vehicles;
- “Vehicle” means any vehicle used to convey passengers or items that enters the Car Park, including any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories; and
- “VRM” means Vehicle Registration Mark.
- We are responsible for operating the Car Park with reasonable skill and care (“our Obligations”). This responsibility is limited and we are only responsible for direct loss or damage suffered by you as a foreseeable result of our breach of our Obligations or our negligence or the negligence of our employees, we do not hold any other liability to you.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
- Although we owe you the Obligations set out at clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above, you should be aware that the Car Park is open to the general public. We cannot guarantee that members of the general public will not enter our Car Park and cause damage to property and/or engage in criminal activity. Accordingly, you park your Vehicle in the Car Park at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of your Vehicle and/or its contents.
- The parking tariff payable by you (as varied from time to time) is displayed on the tariff board at the Car Park and on our website. In order to remove your Vehicle from the Car Park, you are obliged to pay the parking tariff and to comply with any instructions on the tariff board as supplemented by these Terms.
Claims and complaints
If your vehicle sustains damage while in the Car Park, your vehicle is stolen or any possessions are stolen from your vehicle while it is in the Car Park you should:
- immediately inform either a member of staff at the Car Park or otherwise notify our Customer Services department on 02890 333 777;
- in the case of theft, immediately inform the police; and
- notify your insurers promptly.
- Any claims against us or complaints about the service you have received, should be addressed to the Customer Services department at Value Car Parks Ltd. The address is 33-35 Grosvenor Road, Belfast, BT12 4GN. In the case of a claim, full details should be provided to within 72 hours from discovery of the loss or damaged sustained to your Vehicle.
- Before choosing to submit a claim, please refer to clause 2 of these Terms, which sets out the extent of our responsibility to you in relation to any loss incurred by you.
- If your vehicle sustains damage while in the Car Park, your vehicle is stolen or any possessions are stolen from your vehicle while it is in the Car Park you should:
It is critical for the effective management of the Car Park that:
- you comply with all signs in the Car Park, including these Terms and the tariff board;
- you park within the given limits of a marked bay;
- you do not park within a bay designated for a specific purpose when you are not entitled to do so (for example, and without limitation, parking in a space designated for disabled persons without an appropriate disability badge displayed, and/or parking in a space for electric vehicles when you are not using the charging facility); and
- you pay all amounts due for your parking and comply with the requirements set out at section 10 (Ticket Types and Payment Methods) of these Terms.
- If you do not comply with these requirements we may issue you with a parking charge requiring you to pay any unpaid parking charge(s), together with an additional fixed fee of £30.00 (the “Administration Charge”) representing an estimate of the additional expenses we will incur as a result of your non-compliance. You will be able to pay the Administration Charge in person or via telephone. By parking your vehicle in the Car Park you consent to us capturing, using and processing your VRM and personal details via CCTV and ANPR for enforcement purposes, to calculate the relevant parking tariff (if applicable) and to recover any outstanding Administration Charge. This includes our right to request and obtain the details of a vehicle’s registered keeper from the DVLA, should your Vehicle be abandoned (any Vehicle left for more than one week will be considered abandoned and subject to removal).
- If the Car Park and/or the equipment in the Car Park is damaged by you, your vehicle, its contents or the passengers in the vehicle then, except where the damage arises as a direct result of our negligence, we will seek to recover the cost of that repair and associated administration costs from you.
- It is critical for the effective management of the Car Park that:
Security of your vehicle
- Unless asked by a member of our staff not to do so in the case of emergency, please ensure that your vehicle is left securely locked with all windows securely closed and any vehicle alarm, steering lock or similar device fitted is engaged. We are not responsible for any consequence or loss arising from a failure by you to properly secure your vehicle.
- CCTV cameras are installed in the Car Park to assist in its proper running. We acknowledge that the cameras may act as a deterrent to criminal activity, but do not make any representation as to the coverage provided or guarantee of the security of your vehicle if CCTV is installed in the Car Park.
- Any possessions left in a vehicle are left entirely at the owner’s risk. We suggest that no items are left so that they are visible from the outside of the vehicle. We are not liable for any theft by third parties from your vehicle.
Traffic Orders and Byelaws
- The use of this Car Park may be regulated by traffic orders or byelaws under which a penalty may be payable for failing to comply with these Terms or the requirements of the relevant order or byelaw. In such circumstances, separate notices specifying the relevant order or byelaw will be displayed in the Car Park and we reserve the right to take enforcement action against you (including through court proceedings) for breach of such order or byelaws.
Safety in the Car Park
- You must drive safely and respectfully of other drivers and pedestrians while in the Car Park and you must not exceed the speed limit of 5 mph inside the Car Park. For safety reasons you are not entitled to remain in your vehicle in the Car Park or elsewhere in the Car Park save for the purposes of parking or removing your vehicle. After you have parked your vehicle, you must proceed immediately to the nearest passenger lift, staircase or exit, following the recommended route (if any). You must not, in any circumstances, exit the Car Park by walking under a vehicle exit barrier, nor under any circumstances, walk on a vehicle ramp, pedestrians must use the stairways provided next to each ramp or use the elevators provided for travelling between each floor of the Car Park.
Ticket Types and Payment Methods
You must pay the parking tariff using one of the following methods:
- Pay On Exit – on arrival at the Car Park, we will issue you with a parking ticket. At the barrier when entering the Car Park you will have the option to tap a contactless credit/debit card triggering the beginning of your time in the Car Park, when leaving you must tap your contactless card again at the barrier to end the duration of your stay and exit the Car Park. The price of your stay will then be debited from the account of the card used. Should your stay cost more than £30.00 contactless payment will not be an option and you will be required to pay at one of the automated payment stations provide; or
- Pay On Foot – you must take a ticket on entry to the Car Park. When you leave, you must insert the ticket into the automated paymentstation and make payment for the time spent as indicated using cash or debit/credit card. The ticket should then be presented on exiting the Car Park to evidence proof of payment. In the event that a ticket machine is out of coins/change, a credit voucher may be dispensed and either used against future parking fees or a refund obtained by contacting the Customer Services department.
- We reserve the right to use other payment methods from time to time in our Car Park and you should check all signs and notices in the Car Park for further information about the payment methods available in the Car Park.
- The parking ticket issued to you is only valid for the Vehicle in respect of which it is issued. You will be able to park anywhere in the Car Park save for the areas designated for those holding Season Tickets, unless you hold a Season Ticket the barriers into these areas will not grant you access. If you decide not to park or are unable to find a space, you should exit the Car Park in your vehicle immediately to prevent any parking tariff charges from arising.
- If you delay exiting the Car Park 15 minutes after you have paid the fee due for the time parked, you may incur additional charges.
- For the avoidance of doubt, sales or credit card receipts are not parking tickets and will not be accepted as evidence of payment, unless accompanied by a valid parking ticket. Failure to comply with the payment requirements set out in this clause 10, as applicable, will result in an Administration Charge being issued in accordance with section 5 (Parking Contraventions) of these Terms.
- Subject to our procedures in place from time to time in relation to a failure to pay for parking, we reserve the right to refuse to lift the fixed barrier at the Car Park to allow the release of any Vehicle for which payment has not been received in accordance with the appropriate payment method, including (but not limited to) where your credit/debit card has been declined, you have failed to pay by the required time limit, and/or you have failed to produce a valid and current parking ticket and/or your bar code is invalid, as applicable.
- If you cannot produce your parking ticket on leaving the Car Park you will be charged the full 24-hourly rate unless we determine that your vehicle has been in the Car Park using ANPR for a shorter period and you will then be charged for such shorter period. We may also charge an Administration Charge in respect of our time and costs incurred in dealing with any such non-payment.
- You must pay the parking tariff using one of the following methods:
Access and re-location of vehicles
- We reserve the right to refuse the admission of any vehicle to the Car Park for any reason whatsoever.
- We reserve the right to move vehicles within the Car Park using whatever method we consider appropriate (even if, as a consequence, damage is caused to your vehicle) to the extent that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of safety to persons or property, or to avoid obstruction at the Car Park.
- We additionally reserve the right to use a lawful authority to remove any vehicle to another reasonably convenient car park, whether or not operated by us, where the Car Park has to be unexpectedly closed permanently or temporarily, either in whole or in part, due to a matter outside of our control, or if the Car Park has to be evacuated in an emergency.
- To the extent that it is necessary to do so in the exercise of the rights conferred upon us in this clause 11, we reserve the right to drive or otherwise take your vehicle onto a public highway. In doing so we will take reasonable care of the vehicle.
- You must ensure that your Vehicle is insured and fully road legal when parking in the Car Park, should we become aware of your Vehicle’s failure to meet road safety standards we reserve the right to inform to the appropriate authorities, which may include the local police and the DVLA.
- We are entitled to regard as abandoned any vehicle left in the Car Park for more than 28 days without prior notification and which is not known by us to be covered by a current valid season or other ticket or booking.
We reserve the rights to engage and/or permit a lawful authority to remove (or where we are unable to identify the current legal registered keeper of the vehicle, to take steps ourselves to remove) and to dispose of as waste or sell any abandoned vehicle. Before proceeding with the disposal or sale of abandoned vehicles we will:
- refer the matter to the appropriate authorities, which may include the local police and the DVLA; and
- affix a notice to the vehicle at least 7 days before the date on which we propose to remove the vehicle stating that the vehicle will be removed and sold when that period expires.
- Abandoned vehicles will be disposed of as waste or sold by auction. Where sold by us, the proceeds of sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to us together with the expenses of sale and our reasonable storage and removal costs for the period during which the vehicle is in our possession.
- Any balance of the sale proceeds remaining after satisfaction of any sums owing will be held by us on behalf of the registered keeper of the vehicle and paid over on proof of entitlement.
- You must not tow any vehicle into the Car Park except as part of the services offered at the Car Park by persons authorised by us and no work on and no cleaning of vehicles by you or your agent, other than with our prior specific permission, is permitted in the Car Park. In the event of vehicle break down you must contact the Car Park attendant to ensure that your vehicle removal or repair is organised without causing disruption, damage or danger to any other person or property in the Car Park.
- No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of vehicles or goods or services may be carried out in the Car Park without our prior specific written permission.
- You are not allowed to dispose of any items or drop litter in the Car Park. Please place any rubbish/litter in the bins that are provided or take it away with you when you leave the Car Park.
- You are not allowed to pour petrol, or any other fuel, into your vehicle whilst it is in the Car Park. You are also not allowed to take petrol, or any other fuel, out of your vehicle whilst it is in the Car Park.
- Smoking is forbidden within both the Car Park and the immediate vicinity of the Car Park.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be accepted in the Car Park. This includes (but is not limited to) drinking alcohol, taking or dealing with illegal substances, fighting and/or loitering. Car parks are designed for the sole purpose of parking vehicles. If an individual causes a nuisance or disturbance to others it may be recorded by CCTV cameras and action may be taken against them.
- You should not take photos or carry out any filming within the Car Park without our written consent.
Variation of the Terms and Conditions
- These Terms cannot be varied except in writing by our Company Secretary. Nothing said or done by any of our employees is capable of varying these Terms.
- Each of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason other provisions are held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
- This land is private property.